Telegram

Australia begins legal action against Telegram over alleged pro-terror material, extremist violence

The office of the eSafety Commissioner said it had begun action after Telegram failed to remove videos of terrorist executions and mass shootings.

In this photo illustration a smartphone screen displays the logo of social media app and instant messaging service Telegram, on February 19, 2026 in Bath, England; illustrative
Founder and CEO of Telegram Pavel Durov delivers a keynote speech during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain February 23, 2016.

Russia charges Telegram founder Pavel Durov with terrorism, issues arrest warrant

Public channels on the platform are among the online spaces researchers monitor for antisemitic content.PremiumPremium

A week inside the echo chamber: How Jew-hatred moved from fringe to feed

In this photo illustration a smartphone screen displays the logo of social media app and instant messaging service Telegram, on February 19, 2026 in Bath, England; illustrative

Iranian women, girls die by suicide, honor killing after Telegram sextortion channel


Hamas celebrates UN call for probe into alleged IDF abuses of Palestinian women

The UN statement reported allegations that Palestinian women and girls had been arbitrarily executed in Gaza, frequently along with family members, including children.

Palestinian women sit at the debris of a house destroyed in an air strike in the southern Gaza Strip November 13, 2019

IDF says it ran unauthorized '72 Virgins - Uncensored' Telegram channel

On October 9, the unit, whose primary targets are foreign and enemy audiences, created and operated the channel, this time veered toward an Israeli public, without authorization.

 Screenshot of 72 Virgins Telegram channel

Hamas, Islamic Jihad incitement: The writing is on the Telegram wall – cyber report

"For the sake of our bleeding blood in Gaza, it's time for the roof of the bus to fly."

Photo of a child in Gaza holding weapons in front of a Hamas poster

Israeli man charged for inciting terror, rape, genocide of Palestinians

Noam Dayan, 34, was charged for inflammatory social media posts targeting Muslims and Gazan Palestinians in one of the most serious terror incitement cases of the Israel-Hamas War.

 Illustrative image of an arrest.

Telegram blocks Palestinian propaganda channels for iOS users

The now-blocked channels had been used to share videos of kidnappings and killings of Israeli civilians and IDF forces.

 Telegram app

In wartime, Yair Netanyahu's social media goes 'below the radar'

A recent analysis says "only a small minority of the posts published on [Yair's social media] are those that can be defined as 'information' and not as political propaganda for internal purposes."

Yair Netanyahu, son of former Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu arrives for a court hearing in the defamation lawsuit filed by former MK Stav Shafir in Tel Aviv, on November 29, 2022.

IDF opens channels for Gazans to report Hamas humanitarian violations

"Share with us if Hamas prevents you from moving south on the Telegram account at the attached number!" IDF Arabic language spokesman Lt. Col. Avichay Adraee said.

 A Palestinian woman uses a Phone app that allows Gaza women to report domestic abuse anonymously, outside Gaza Women's Center in Gaza City May 31, 2022

Hamas channels blocked on Telegram on Android

Telegram has served as one of the central platforms for Hamas to publish statements and propaganda.

 Telegram app

President Herzog's Telegram account hacked, Israel's Shin Bet probing

The account was quickly returned to normal after the Shin Bet was charged with handling the situation.

 President Isaac Herzog meets with Israel's political parties to hear their recommendations for prime minister, November 10, 2022.

Late Russian mercenary Prigozhin spoke about his security in newly surfaced video

"For those who are discussing whether I'm alive or not, how I'm doing - right now it's the weekend, second half of August 2023, I'm in Africa," Prigozhin says in the short video.

  Yevgeny Prigozhin, chief of Russian private mercenary group Wagner, gives an address in camouflage and with a weapon in his hands in a desert area at an unknown location, in this still image taken from video possibly shot in Africa and published August 21, 2023.