Breaking The Silence

Two Palestinians killed, four wounded in West Bank settler attack on school

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society later confirmed that two Palestinians had been killed, a 14-year-old and a 32-year-old. It also stated that four others had been wounded by gunfire.

A PALESTINIAN man walks past Hebrew graffiti that reads, ‘Death to Arabs,’ on the wall of a home allegedly damaged house by Israeli settlers in the village of Deir al-Hatab in the West Bank, in March 2026.
A site of an Israeli strike on a house, in Deir Al-Balah the Gaza Strip. April 7, 2025.

NGO alleges IDF razed civilian homes for buffer zone, did not have clear rules of engagement

 IDF soldiers operate in the Gaza Strip, October 26, 2024.

Anonymous soldier claims IDF uses human shields in Gaza - report

 Amiram Levin speaks at a conference organized by Zionist Camp parliament member Erel Margalit in Tel Aviv. May 22, 2016.

West Bank 'apartheid' is 'just like Nazi Germany' - former IDF commander


Shloshim

The Jerusalem Post

Barkat evicts owners of gallery hosting Breaking the Silence event

Mayor says move not connected to freedom of expression, cites zoning violations.

Jerusale mayor Nir Barkat announces he has registered to the Likud party in video message

Israel to reprimand Belgium over Breaking the Silence

Breaking the Silence, which is made up of former IDF soldiers and officers, receives funding from European governments such as Belgium.

The offices of the Breaking the Silence organization in Tel Aviv

Right wingers call to cancel ‘Breaking the Silence’ event in Jerusalem

Breaking the Silence CEO Yuli Novak is scheduled to speak at the event and present the organization's new report, titled "The High Command."

Culture Minister Miri Regev

After stormy debate, bill advances to ban left-wing NGO from schools

The MKs approved the measure 51-17.

EMPLOYEES WORK at the offices of the Breaking the Silence NGO in Tel Aviv in 2015

IDF vets hurt in action back ban on ‘Breaking the Silence’ from schools

“We do not understand how a propaganda organization that defames IDF soldiers in Israel and the world...can be permitted to enter our schools."

IDF soldiers carry a comrade on a stretcher, who was wounded during an operation in Gaza, outside northern Gaza July 20, 2014.

Cabinet approves bill to ban Breaking the Silence from schools

The petition was spearheaded by the anti-BDS group Reservists on Duty, which was established by IDF reservists as a counter to Breaking the Silence.

The offices of the Breaking the Silence organization in Tel Aviv

Government assesses bill against Breaking the Silence

The bill will allow the education minister to ban specific individuals or organizations that are not part of the education system from performing anti-IDF activities inside schools.

Naftali Bennett

Broken silence

Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Gadi Eisenkot in February instructed his officers to meet with members of the veterans group and examine its claims.

Naftali Bennett

Bennett backs banning 'anti-IDF organizations' from schools

Moalem-Refaeli said that the education system is meant to teach children to love their country, not destroy it.

Education Minister Naftali Bennett meets with pupils at the start school year