"At no point was live ammunition fired," said the Foreign Ministry in response to claims by activists aboard the Global Sumud Flotilla that Israeli forces opened fire on at least two of its vessels. 

The flotilla was making a renewed attempt to deliver aid to Gaza after earlier missions were intercepted by Israel. 

According to a Foreign Ministry post on X/Twitter, no aid was found on the boats.

Video from the flotilla's livestream showed soldiers firing shots at two of the boats. The Foreign Ministry clarified that after multiple warnings, "non-lethal means were employed toward the vessels, not toward protesters, as a warning." No protesters were injured during the incident, it added.

The Global Sumud Flotilla later said that all 50 boats in the flotilla had been intercepted in the eastern Mediterranean, with 428 participants from more than 40 countries detained, including 78 Turks.

The Foreign Ministry said all 430 activists had been transferred to Israeli vessels and were en route to Israel, adding that activists would be allowed to meet their consular representatives.

'PR stunt at the service of Hamas'

"This flotilla has once again proved to be nothing more than a PR stunt at the service of Hamas," the Foreign Ministry wrote in a post on X on Tuesday. 

The Foreign Ministry said on X on Monday that it "will not allow any breach of the lawful naval blockade on Gaza."

Speaking in Ankara late on Monday, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan condemned the intervention against the "voyagers of hope" in the flotilla and called on the international community to act against Israel's actions.

Ships from the Global Sumud Flotilla had set sail for a third time on Thursday from southern Turkey, after earlier attempts to deliver aid to Gaza were intercepted by Israel in international waters.

The group previously said that 426 people were taking part in the flotilla from 39 countries.

The US Treasury said on Tuesday it was imposing sanctions against four people associated with what it described as the "pro-Hamas" flotilla.

Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent described the flotilla as a "ludicrous attempt to undermine President Trump’s successful progress toward lasting peace in the region" in a post on X on Tuesday.

"[The] Treasury will continue to sever Hamas’ global financial support networks, no matter where in the world they are," he concluded.

Pro-Palestinian activists say Israel and the US wrongly conflate their advocacy for Palestinian rights with support for Hamas terrorists.